3 Home Improvement Ideas For Spring In Clearwater Florida
“Spring is the time of plans and projects.” - Leo Tolstoy. If you’re like me, every spring you want to let in the fresh air and roll up your sleeves so that your house looks its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Clearwater to give your home a fresh start.
1. Perform A Spring Checkup For Energy Efficiency And Safety
Spring is the perfect time to ensure your home’s systems are running properly for the summer. Homeowners in Clearwater should inspect these things each spring:
- HVAC System. Test your air conditioning system to make sure it’s ready for summer. Improve your HVAC system’s energy efficiency by swapping out your furnace and air conditioning filters. Some HVAC companies will do this service for a low fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms to keep your family and home safe. Put new batteries in your alarms every spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Inspect the caulking around doors, windows, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for leaks or cracks. Fix the caulking if needed. Install window treatments, like plantation shutters, to improve the energy efficiency of your windows. Open and close all your windows to make sure that they can freely move.
2. Tackle The Dirt To See Your House Shine
Nothing makes your house shine as well as a good, deep clean. First, declutter all of your rooms to open up your home. Then clean surfaces you don’t wipe down regularly.These areas include ceiling fans, floors, baseboards, and kitchen and bathrooms walls. Shine up your kitchen and bathroom fixtures. Vacuum your furniture and the area under and behind it as well.
Bring in more natural light by cleaning your windows. Wipe down your screens and windows to remove smudges and dirt. Clean your shades and draperies and wipe down your shutters. You can give your window blinds a lift with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Redecorate Your Rooms For A Fresh Look
After you’re done with deep cleaning, you’re ready for the fun part: redecorating.
The easiest way to redecorate your rooms is to use what you already have. Rearrange the furniture to change the room’s look. You can also shop your house. This means you switch out the accessories and furniture you own between rooms. Bring in more color with colorful accessories, fresh paint, and plants.
If you’re ready to completely redo a room’s design, then browse through our idea gallery for inspiration. It’s brimming with photos of beautiful rooms and window treatments for all areas of your home. Once you’ve decided on the style and color scheme for your room, you can add coordinating furniture, artwork, and accessories.
Window treatments are a simple piece to update that coordinates with your current décor and freshens up your home. You can select from a variety of shutters including plantation shutters, reclaimed wood shutters, and barn door shutters in addition to shades and blinds.
Find More Design Tips
Browse through our design tips for even more ways to enhance your home. And when you see a look and window treatment that you like, call us at 813-580-7288 or fill out the form below to set up a free in-home consultation. Our experts will walk you through choosing the perfect window treatment to give your home a beautiful, fresh look this spring.